Studies have shown that dermatological conditions like acne, eczema, and psoriasis affect the lives of sufferers, which means you have to make a conscious effort to keep your self-esteem intact. In short, you have to keep yourself focused on the positive aspects of your life.
What do you do to stay positive on those days when acne threatens to drag you down? Do you spend time with that friend who always makes you laugh? Volunteer time at a local charity? Or maybe you just take a few minutes to count your blessings?
Tell us how you stay upbeat.Share Your Tips
Do not compare
- I just keep on reminding myself that every person has an imperfection.it depends on the person on how he/she will accept and deal with it. You have acne but keep in mind that everyone has flaws that troubles them.
- —Guest Julien
A little positivity
- I have lived with acne from mild to moderate for well over a decade now. When I really make an effort to eat healthy (no sucrose or dairy) my skin will be completely clear. Of course I don't like having bad skin, but I think there's far, far worse things in life & we shouldn't spend our time worrying about our skin. When my skin gets bad I just try to be thankful for all the things I do have in life, and be grateful I'm not living in an impoverished war torn third world country, I have a place to live, food to eat and beautiful clothes to wear. Just gotta focus on the positives :)
- —Guest S
Stay positive about acne
- I have bad skin, and i used to have flawless skin. I have all little red bumps on my skin and i cant bare to let people see me with no make up on. I have good days and bad days. But trust me no matter how bad your skin is you have your own way of being pretty!!!!!! Concentrate on something you do like about your self!!!!!! I sometimes walk past ugly people with really fit boyfriends and i think how did she get him. But its not what you look like its your personality as well!!!!!!! You dont want to be with someone that is only with you for your looks. Forget what you look like. Trust me Im so insecure about my skin, but put a really nice outfit on, make your hair look nice and people will respond to your personality more then your looks. Every body has bad skin, you just need to keep your chin up and stay positive!!!! xxxxxxxx
Avoid mirrors and Pray
- Be very careful about which mirrors you look in, especially ones that are in public places or bright lighting. NEVER look in the little rearview mirror in your car because it is likely to make you turn around and go home. Ask Jesus what you can do to make the pimples go away, and trust that it will not be this way forever. Living with acne makes you strong.
Conceal (Dudes, Too) and Keep On Rockin!
- I was surprised to hear from my daughter that my foundation alone looked great. My acne is recovering/severe and a good matching color was all I needed to face the day and the world. You are not a monster! You are not disfigured because of a few skin imperfections! Cover what you can and let your INNER PERFECTION glow! YEE HAW 2011!
- —Guest nicki
Relieve Stress by Exercising
- Well I've never suffered from acne, but what I've heard from my friends is that they try to get rid of the stress by doing exercises.
- —Guest joy