i cant look at myself
- Hi,my name is karabo people call me kb.im in the 7th grade but im going to the 8th grade next year.i am 12 years old but i look like a 15 year old girl because of my pimples,acene and dark spots all over my face.when i started to go to my secondary school(it was this year) i was scared to even say hello to the other kids because i thought they will tease me than my brother said to me "just be yourself and dont care about what people say" i took his advise,then when i started to be myslf (well im a cool girl and i hav confidence and a lot of energy and i love jokes) people would just tease me and it hurt me a lot i even cried every day and when i looked at my class mates it was only me who have bad skin.some days i could'nt even go out during break time cause people would say "look at her face!","she is ugly".it hurt so bad i even went to the toilets and cried.i feel like im lost in this world.there is some teacher at my school who liked to look at me(she is my art and culture teacher)
- —Guest kay bee
- Im 14 a freshman in highschool. I got acne on my forehead around 6th grade but u couldnt see it because i had long hair. I really wanted to get a short hair cut and my skin was clearing up so i decided to last summer. Then my skin broke out and i was stuck with short hair. I wasnt self concious about it till a couple months ago and this week it was almost clear again till today. Anyway xout is really working for me. Also i would shower in the morning and before you go to bed at night. Dont touch your face and drink plenty of water. Also dont stress about it. Stress makes acne worse and acne always looks worse to yourself then it does to others. Keep your head up and remember its just a phase.
- —Guest MM
- When I was in middle school, I had severe acne in both sides of my chin and moderate acne on my forehead. I had been using proactive treatment and other benzol peroxide treatments. It turns out that I am allergic to benzol peroxide in any amount (my skins becomes inflammated and red for hours at the application site). Anyway, I switched to Salicsylic acid based acne treatments and it worked miracles! However, due to the extremeness of my acne, I have terrible scarring all over my face; especially around my chin. I do get the occasional pimple, but they are rather unnoticable compared to the scars. I have never been picked on for my acne, but back then I had no self-esteem at all. Nowadays nothing stops me from going out and doing things I want to do, but everytime I look in the mirror, all I see is a face full of hideous scars. I know that I'm not butt-ugly, but I have never once felt pretty in my life.
- —Guest Amanda
- I have acne on my upper lip (under my nose), on my chin and sometimes on my forehead. I feel very bad about myself, I can't even look in the mirror in the morning or anytime of the day really. All I want is clear skin, every other girl in my grade does! And it definitely doesn't help when my grandma asks me if I've been using my face stuff. OF COURSE I HAVE! And she usually asks me that when I feel like my face is getting better. Also, most of my friends don't have pimples at all or very many. Bottom line, you guys aren't alone and like most of you, I just want clear skin.
- —Guest KatelynB
- Its kinda anoyying when you see an attractive girl she stares at you thinking your cute from a distance she comes up close looks at your acne and stares away :( my acne isnt really....bad..its just i hate when i have a bundle in 1 spot of my cheek and the other side noting it makes so obviously visible.
- —Guest Rick Grimes
I feel like it'll never go away
- I got my first pimple when I was 12. By the time I was 14 i had severe acne, you literally couldn't see my skin in most places. I didn't have any friends because of it and on top of that I had depression and self-harmed. After 8th grade it started clearing up but now i'm 17 and I still have it. Why? Nobody else my age has acne! I honestly can't name a friend who has acne! Everyone has grown out of it but me and I feel like it'll never go away.
- —Guest dizzy
Wish I hadn't
- I always had a baby face. I had such a baby face that people would make fun of me for looking so young. So when I got a pimple which I didn't get till like I was about in 10th I just let it be and didnt wash my face cuz I wanted to look older. The thing is me not washing my face is what was keeping it clear. Any pimple I had would go away in a day. It was awesome. Then over the summer of eleventh grade I started washing my face which messed up my skins natural acid mantle and unfortunately made me break out horribly for my senior year and my face has never been the same. I regret it everyday. I fell into all the propaganda of stupid facial products. Don't do the same thing. Much love yall.
- —Guest Anthony
- I am 9 and is starting to get sudden bumps on my skin......PIMPLES!!! my mom said everybody has pimples. she does not even care!SHE HAS NO PIMPLES!?
- —Guest girlydaug
Don't know what to do
- I have acne. I'm 13 and have had it since 5th grade. People make me feel bad because they think it's okay to tell u that u need to pop a pimple, but it hurts my feelings. I used benzaclin but it didn't work. I don't know what to do now. I don't know what to use or how to get rid of it. I've used acne face wash but it makes my face really oily. I don't know what to do now.
- —Guest Abby
- It sucks! I've had it for 3years now and I've tried everything! I'm 19 and it still hasn't gone away I'm so scared to get adult acne :( every time I look in the mirror I remind myself how disgusting I look and cry. Then I remind myself that god loves me the way I am and cry some more. God gave us this skin so other people can be thankful for their nice faces. And even though you might think it's the end of the world every time you see that girl in the mirror it's not. God is trying to tell us something! To love ourselfs for what's inside not our appearance! Yes, it matters yea we want to look our best but there's a reason why we have it! Have faith girls one day it will all go away! I promise! Then we will understand the true meaning of beauty!
- —Guest Rocio
- I see all of these comments about crying because your acne, and trust me I've done it, but the real thing you need to do is relax! take 10 mintutes out of your busy day and just play soft music and sit there, no phone, no distractions, and listen. this helped me more that I know with the emotional side of acne but also with the acne itself. I did this all the time over the summer and my skin got completely clear! I stopped when I got overwhelmed with school work but I've recently started and it's helping so much! also you can take some sented lotion and put that one while your relaxing, it may seem weird but if your ever stressing out over school or work or acne in general just out some of that lotion on and it will help relax you because of the smell will remeind you of your relaxing place! I do this often while lavender sented lotion so when ik stressed I just rub a little bit on my wrists and smell it and I'm instantly relaxed:) I hope this helped someone!
- —Guest addieadvice
Yo listen up
- I've had acne for about two years and it sucks but u gotta say **** it and not listen to the people who hate cuz thats all they are haters they have no lives themselves so they try to make everyones else life difficult I dnt let acne control my life and u shouldn't let it control yours keep your heads up I also found it helpful to not wash ur face at all cuz that could actually be causing ur acne just shower once a day with warm water in the morning and you'll be good I'm not a dermatologist but try it good luck to everyone and I got mad love for you all
- —Guest Anthony
The way it can ruin your face for ever.
- I'm almost 21 now and I've had acne for almost 10 years. It was never cystic or the all over type, but I do have pitted scarring which will never go away. The tiniest most innocent looking pimples can actually cause pits on me. Sometimes I just want to die because I feel so ugly, my whole face is completely ruined. And I've had it for so long, I doubt it will ever go away.
- —Guest Sheridan
The only one
- There has to be something out there that can help with my massive breakout. I get spots round my mouth, round and under my nose, and the forehead, all near the eyebrows. I feel like I need to cover it up because I feel ugly. I feel like no one else has it. No one does. It horrible. Someone help me please ;( Im 11 ; ( *** Guide Note: Hi Zoe. I'm so sorry you're having trouble with your skin. Lots of people do have acne. At your age, it's actually really common. But the good news is, there are things you can do to help get it under control. Take a look at this article just for kids your age: http://acne.about.com/od/teensacne/tp/Acne-Treatment-Tips-for-Preteens-and-Tweens-Ages-7-12.htm
- —Guest Zoe
- It sucks. I go to work and try to talk to people. They always stare at me and act as if i cant see them staring. Girls never take me seriously. Im just depressed. Having everyone stare everyday sucks. I just wish I was normal. Im a funny enough dude but i cant make friends because of my face.
- —Guest Don