- I know how it feels to have acne. Since i have alot on my face and my back. It really lowered my self-esteem and sometimes i didn't want to go to school everytime i have one. Just never ever squeeze or touch your pimple. Try not to overwash your face. Try using Cetaphil 'coz it's gentle & mild(only if you have mild acne). Drink a lot of water and avoid touching your face. Oh and if u have excessive oily skin. U can try using Kleenex blotting paper. It's just a temporary solution but it would help you whenever ur outside instead of using tissue=)
- —Guest Andie
Its making me go lunatic.
- I started getting acne in 6th grade, i was so clear intill one day this kid said "ew!" to me, i didnt know what he was talking about till i went home. All of a sudden my back, face, were covered. I always hided it. Im 16 now my face is really clear, i get like two. But my back, and shoulders arent as bad but its still there. I tried everything at this point i want too scream. I hate going to the beach now, and summer because of my body. My parents tell me its not even that bad but i think it is. I tried clearsil and they dry up, but dont go away. My chest has little ones, but im so conscious over it. My boyfriend tells me not to worry about it, but i cant!
- —Guest Ems
Self image destroyed
- I am 19 years old and have had acne since I was around 14 or 15. I have seriously tried so many things its almost ridiculous. The strangest part is, it's all on my neck and around my collar bones. Right where your shirt shows everything. Especially if it's a button down. People with clear skin have no idea how us with acne must feel to have to try and cover up everyday just because of acne. Going to the beach with friends should be so fun and simple. But I am almost in a panic when they want to go. I love being out going, but this acne is really taking a tole on me. Anyway, I wish there was some kind of miracle cream I could put on and it all go away. I really do not understand why It cant look like the skin on my face, or shoulders, or even my lower chest, where I have smooth, nice, tanned skin. It's all up around my neck so the whole world can see.. I love taking a good picture with friends, but when I look at the picture I immediately see bumps and pimples. UGH. anyway. XO folks!
- —Guest That guy
The Way It Breaks Your Self-Confidence
- I have acne everywhere: on my face, arms, legs, back... I hate how everyone looks at my face, and I get all paranoid thinking that they would notice it. It's also hard for me to listen to other people say, "Hey. You have acne!" Like I don't know that: they have it easy with clear skin.
- —Guest Sara
I HATE ACNE!!!!!!!
- Well, All i have to say is that I hate acne. Im 13 years old and ive been suffering from acne since I was 10! Ive used all of these stupid products and dont work! At the age of 10 i started getting acne on my forhead i thought it was no big deal.. Throught this age i started getting them all over my face I didnt wear any makeup at the time ... But all of my friends had flawless skin and everytime they looked at me i would turn away so they wouldnt see my acne but they still told me how much acne i had and it made feel sooo bad! Now i have it on my chest and back too! Its horrible! Its kind of gotten alot better I guess cuz i cleanse my face with cetaphil and im thinking its kinda helping a bit but i also but home made face acne masks like oatmeal and it helped me out alooot! I still wear makeup tho and it covers it pretty well but there is still acne! BUT LEMME TELL YOU GUYS! there is hope and you will clear up your face just belive in yourself and have faith in God! Your not AlOne!
- —Guest Gabby
Acne is a bacteria
- Hey I feel you im about to be 16 and I have acne, red acne marks a.k.a hyperpigmenation and scarring... i started to get acne when I was in 7th grade it wasnt bad at that time. I didnt really care about it but when I started my freshman year I started to get horrible acne... acne pustules. My parents would tell me to not squish the pimple but they never told me what would happen if I squished them... so I just kept squishing them until one day I saw little holes on my face. Since then every acne pimple I get is definitely a scar, thats how sensitive my skin is after I squished every pimple I would get. And let me tell you, you guys, you guys dont know how much I regret picking on them because now my face its all scarred... now I have to deal with acne acne scarring and acne red marks. As for acne I tried everything: creams, retin a, tazorac, antibiotics, over the counter products, and Accutane, which was the worst decision of my life I was about to die with accutane because it poisoned me so never do it.
- —Guest Acne is still a problem
- I'm a 17 year old boy, a junior in high school. I started to get acne around 7th grade. It started out as a few bumps here and there, but then there was this one horrible breakout that I still remember that was just unbearable. It's now gotten to the point at which there are fewer small pimples in general but instead I get these huge cysts that are visibly protruding from my face. I hate it so much. A few times I've just broken down crying in my room asking myself why this has to happen to me and why it won't just go away finally after so many years of doing things to care for it. When I was younger, before I had acne, I was a pretty outgoing and funny kid, but since I've gotten acne, my whole personality has changed due to my aversion to social situations, making me a primarily reserved person who would rather be alone than with others. Even if my acne does go away soon or ever, the negative impact it's had on the development of my personality will never go away.
- —Guest M
I hate going outside now:/
- As a result of my acne, I now hate going out in the sun as it makes all of them even the tiniest ones appear. It looks like I have thousands on my head, I get really paranoid and upset over this. When anyone speaks to me, it feels as though they're looking at my head! It's horrible. Lately its really damaged my self esteem and is preventing me from going out from embarrassment. I'm doing all I can to stop them, I'm even on tablets. These worked last time but my mum didn't get my prescription and I was without them for a month giving my skin a chance to break out the worst it ever has. I'm hoping that it clears up even slightly again, but im dreading if I have to wait three months:'(
- —Guest kk
Acne made my life so dfficult ! :(
- UGHHH ! I hate acne so much !!! Im a 14 year old girl & ive had acne since i was 11. I have so much acne on my my face, chest, shoulders, & especially my back! It always makes me feel soo sad to always see my friends with smooth skin. I even cry about it like all the time! Im also scared to ever wear a bikini or dress without a something covering it because all you would see is my acne!!! :( Ive tried soooo many treatments & medications to get rid of all my acne but nothing usually works, it would just come back even worse. I just wish my acne would just disappear, so i can finally look in the mirror & see clear, smooth skin!
- —Guest Anonymous
- Ive had acne since was 9. I'm 12 now. I hate places with lots of light and people. What makes it worst my mom is always sayin look at ur face all those pimples how big they are how bad it is can't wear make up and I don't like it. I have it on my chin cheeks forehead. It's bad on my cheeks and have so many acne scars on my cheeks People talk about my face. I cry every day and my friend has acne she had it for one day full break out. Next day no more and trust me she had on no make up but she had a lot of acne scars left. I also have a twin but her acne is not visible but u can see mine. I'm so depressed I don't know what to do.
- —Guest Guest kia
Life on the edge of the shelve
- Is that it ruins ur self image and destroys ur chances of meeting ur future partner in life ....u constantly look on the shelves for new products that come out that can help u n it makes it worst and guess what? It just leads to depression.. so any1 out there suffering with this don't worry, there's thousands of us who are dealing with this problem all we can do is wait it off, let it do the damage and treat the after effects of it... 1 more thing if any1 makes fun of ur suffering a black eye wud suit them perfectly try it works and it makes u feel better too. Remember u look good on the inside!!!
- —Guest reject
- I've had acne since freshman year...and I'm now a junior. At first it wasn't bad at all, but it has gradually gotten really bad. Its extremely hard for me to come to terms with it, or even look in the mirror. I get ready in really dim lighting, and I'm extremely thankful I have to wear contacts; I would cry probably every day if I could see my face with good vision. I wear a good bit of make-up and I go through it pretty quickly. It's not my actual bumps that's bad- it's my acne marks. I have so many, and they definitely out number the actual pimples by far. I got laser resurfacing a year ago and I haven't seen an improvement. I want to go to the doctor again, but I always break down because I'm really genuinely embarrassed about my face, and I know I don't have enough money to pay for anything that might actually work. I get so emotional about it all and it tears me apart every day. I know it's useless worrying so much, but it's hard not to. (btw drinking water helps me sometimes)
- —Guest rachael hates acne
Why do I have acne?
- Ok so I've had acne since I was about 10, but at first it was just a few pimples well Two years I began getting an extremely bad acne. U can't imagine how bad it was. Later on it faded a little however now I feel that it's extremely bad again. Sometimes I start crying and get depressed. My confidence is low. Acne is ruining my face. Oh and it's worst when people around u including my friends don't have any acne. They have flawless skin. And one of my friends get mad when she gets a little pimple. And sometimes my friends comment on people with acne making fun of them. So idk of they don't realize I have acne also or they just don't care about my feelings. No boy actually likes me anymore cuz of my stupid. Acne. And I don't wear makeup to school but when I do the foundation doesn't cover it all the way. Acne it's horrible it ruins people . I don't know what to try anymore none of the tofu cuts I've used work. However reading the coments here make me realize I'm not alone
- —Guest Teen15
Being a teen with it
- I wash my face every night and day and it still stays! I've been to a dermatologist and got some cream for it but it doesn't really work... I get picked on at school and it makes me feel terrible. I get on things like Instagram and Facebook and see all these people with perfect skin and it makes me angry that they can walk into the bathroom and take a great picture, while I can't look good without using photoshop on my face... WHY ME!?!?!
- —Guest N
I know how it feels
- Hi! I have been having acne for a year and noboy else including my bf has it!!! WHICH MAKES IT WORSE!
- —Guest JustMe