What is your favorite acne makeup? A super light powder that stops oily shine? A cream foundation that does a bang-up job of hiding breakouts?
Makeup can be a great confidence-booster, and help you feel more comfortable in your own skin. But finding the right product can be daunting!
Have you found a product that works great, without aggravating acne? Tell us about the makeup you use and love, and why it's the product you can't live without.Share Your Favorites
Arbonne is Amazing!
- I use the RE9 line followed by the new GENIUS by Arbonne to clean and CLEAR my skin. I follow up in the am with day cream with spf (20) in it and then the Arbonne Primer (tinted) and then Arbonne make-up! Its amazing and Genius is actually the ONLY thing that has even come close to clearing my skin. It helps with fine lines, acne, pigmintation, discolouration....Its amazing! Its a must try!!
- —Guest SandraCee
- Bare minerals is the best pick by far. Its a light enough powder foundation that gives a natural look and enough coverage for flaws. i've used it for a couple years now and adore the products. highly reccomended for mild/moderate acne but im not sure if the powder coverage would be enough for severe so maybe use a liquid foundation, i've never tried liquid tho so idk..
- —Guest ali20
- Clinique is brilliant for coverage and a little bit goes along way. However if your acne is really bad keep going to your doctor till they send you to the derm. It really was the only thing that helped me. Oh and sudocrem is brilliant, sleep in it and you won't have to much acne to hide. Good luck everyone I know how horrible it can be
- —Guest leah smith
Oil Free BB Creams
- Skin79 has great BB creams with different levels of coverage and thousand of benefits. I find bb creams much more healthier than foundations.
- —Guest lupor
DHC Liquid Foundation
- I always had the hardest time finding a makeup that both covered my acne and scars, and that didn't become insanely oily after a few hours. My answer was DHC's Coenzyme Q10 liquid foundation! It is moisturizing and provides GREAT coverage! It is around 30 dollars, but lasts for quite a while! It is an olive oil based skin care company from Japan. They are so insanely great.
- —Guest Hannah
- I get very bad breakouts of cystic acne at times and i find that any makeup i use only aggravates it. But one brand that covers up my scars real well and doesnt exacerbate my acne is kryolans dermacolor camouflage creme. It comes in 50 shades and if you get the shade thats closest to your skin tone, your work is done. You do not need a foundation or powder. Just a lil bit of this cream is enough. It gives a glow to your skin too and makes all the flaws vanish, without making your skin too oily.
- —Guest priyanka
Two Great Foundations
- Clinique and Neutrogena both have great foundations to help with acne. Using powders may cover your acne, but even mineral makeup clogs pores.
- —Guest aimee
Jane Iredale - the best!
- After receiving several acne facial treatments, I was referred to try Jane Iredale mineral makeup. This product is great! Very good coverage and it doesn't feel heavy. Very natural looking and it helps to heal existing acne.
- —Guest Guest K.
Bare Minerals is the best
- Every kind of make up I have used in the past aggrevated my skin. At first I couldn't figure out the solution as to why I was breaking out even with a small application of liquid foundation. Finally, researched and came across Bareminerals. I hesitated on buying it I was about to give up on makeup, OK I thought one last try. Bought it, tried it for a week and its the best makeup I have ever wore, its so light, doesn't cake up or smear, it gives you a beautiful glow.
- —Guest Rachel
- After trying a ton of foundations I stared using medium coverage foundation from Mary Kay and their pressed powder and it gives me that natural look and the best of all is that it stays on all day :)
Almay Clear Complexion Makeup: The Best!
- When I used this product, it cleared my skin and looked great! This is great for all skin types and doesn't leave your skin oily at all, which I hate the look of the liquid foundation, but this didn't give that look at all. It looked completely natural, even if it was covering a pimple. I am 13 years old and just wanted to say I am a growing teenager and this stuff is NOT acne prone. Buy it, I know I save my money for this anyday! Pros: flawless coverage, non-greasy, no acne, no clogging of pores, look of no makeup, looks awesome! And overall does a great job at what it does! A+ to you, Almay!
- —Guest Savie
Makeup That Works
- If your acne is bad, Clinique's Acne Control foundation works wonders. If your skin is not that bad I recommend Physicians Formula Healthywear tinted moisturizer with SPF 50 built in it. It is sheer but has an amazing coverage for a tinted moisturizer. It also moisturizes your skin so your acne is blended away whereas a drying foundation would bring attention to acne. Use the Physicians Formula TM with a Physicians Formula translucent powder and baked bronzed or blush. It's a beautiful combo and blends acne away instead of covering it completely and putting more notice to it. Oh and if you want to treat acne first I recommend using the Clinique Three Step Acne Solution. It's a bit pricey but it works soooo well. Hope I helped :)
- —Guest S
- I use Neutrogena Skin Clearing oil-free makeup. It has Blemish Treatment with Salicylic Acid, and it isn't oily and doesn't make me break out as some do. It also stays all day even when I'm at school. So far this one is the best I have found that actually helps my acne as well, instead of just covering it up.
- —Guest Hailey P
- I really love using Bare Minerals on my skin. I'm not going to lie when I say I seriously thought it wouldn't make much of a difference but I was extremely wrong. Bare Minerals is gentle on my skin and acne, it did not irrtate it like others. With this product a little can go a long way. I didn't feel like I had to apply a lot to get the coverage I needed. It feels light on the face. Not only is it gentle on the skin, it is very natural looking. A lot of make up can make the face look "cakey" and unevenly applied. Bare Minerals is a powder and is easy to apply to the whole face and create a nice natural look. Although its a powder I find I don't need to keep applying it throughout the day. It stays on the skin for long periods of time without rubbing off the skin from everday activities. Most of all, I love how it covers up blemishes. It camouflages those pesky blemishes so well! I find it to be pricey which is why I can't use it as much as I like but it is my favorite so far.
- —Guest Brianne
- I just use an actually quite simple combination: the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid and then Clinique Face Powder in Transparency Neutral - this gives me enough coverage, is matte and looks quite naturally perfect!
- —Guest Mia