The Bottom Line
- The budget-friendly price -- I found it for under $5!
- Leaves your skin feeling nicely moisturized without being heavy or greasy.
- Absorbs quickly.
- Contains sunscreen, so you get your sun protection too.
- Super gentle and fragrance free.
- Those with extremely oily skin may find it a tad too heavy.
- Facial moisturizer with SPF 30 broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen.
- Fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.
- Noncomedogenic, so it won't clog your pores.
Guide Review - Purpose Redness Reducing Moisturizer with SPF 30
This moisturizer was bought on a whim. I've used Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer for ages, and really like it. But now that I'm getting older, I notice my skin needs a bit more moisturizing that the Aveeno product could give.
This moisturizer wasn't heavy or greasy. It absorbed super quickly without leaving a trace of oiliness. But the best part was it actually left my face feeling hydrated. This can be tough to find in lighter moisturizers.
Another plus is the broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun protection this moisturizer affords. No more worrying about a separate sunscreen or unwisely skipping one altogether.
Anyone who tends toward sensitive skin, or those fighting acne-treatment dryness will appreciate the gentle, fragrance free formula. This moisturizer didn't sting or burn even chapped areas of skin. In fact, it felt soothing. My preteen with extremely sensitive skin could also use this product without a problem.
The pump bottle is cool, too. One pump measures out the perfect amount of moisturizer for the face, two additional pumps are ideal for the neck and chest.
On top of everything else, it's inexpensive (actually a steal, at less than $5!) Just more proof that you don't have to spend a ton of money to get a good moisturizer. Purpose Redness Reducing Moisturizer definitely exceeded all my expectations.