Acne Causes and Development
By Angela Palmer, About.com Guide
Causes and Development
What causes acne to develop? Why are some people prone to breakouts while others are not? Many factors are responsible for creating acne breakouts.
- What is Acne?
- What Causes Acne?
- Is There a Cure for Acne?
- How Acne Breakouts Develop
- Getting to Know Your Pores
- Acne Symptoms
Acne symptoms go beyond the basic pimple. There are many types of blemishes, and even different types of acne.
Possible Breakout Triggers
Although there is no one cause of acne, certain factors may trigger or worsen breakouts. Conversely, some issues commonly though of as causing pimples don't have any effect on acne at all. Which of these factors affect your acne, and which "acne causes" are pure myth?
Acne is almost synonymous with the teenage years, but that doesn't mean teens have to suffer through it. Even at this age, acne can controlled with the right treatments.
- All About Teen Acne
- Why Do I Have Acne?
- Treating Teen Acne
- Talking To Your Parents About Seeing a Dermatologist
- Treatment Tips for Teens
- Can I Catch Acne from a Friend?
- A Parent's Guide to Teen Acne
- Stress and Teen Acne
- Get Your Skin Ready for Prom
You thought you left your skin problems behind in high school. Why are you breaking out as an adult? Acne is surprisingly common during adulthood, so you're not alone.
- Why Am I Breaking Out Now?
- I Have Adult Acne... Now What?
- Is Acne More Common in Men or Women?
- What Can I Do About Adult Acne?