It's time to show a little love for that largest organ of the body... your skin. Here are 5 simple things you can do to love your skin and keep it healthy.
- Give yourself an at-home facial. Spend a few minutes pampering your skin. Not only will it feel great, but your skin will look brighter after your home facial. (But be gentle; don't scrub or otherwise irritate the skin.)
- Start wearing sunscreen. This is probably one of the healthiest habits you can adopt for your skin. And, if you choose the right sunscreen, you don't have to worry about making breakouts worse.
- Moisturize regularly. Those acne treatments can really leave your skin feeling (and looking) tight and dry. Your skin would love a little extra moisture in this case.
- Treat yourself to a handmade mask. You can make some lovely facial masks with things that you already have in your own kitchen. Doesn't oatmeal, honey, or dark chocolate sound decadent? And they're nice for your skin too. (But if anything burns or stings, remove right away.)
- See a dermatologist. If you've been struggling with your skin, and can't get your acne under control, make an appointment with your doctor. There are prescription medications that can help, even if over-the-counter options haven't been much help to you. A doctor can help you get your acne treatments on the right track.
More Skin Care Tips: